Glory Days 2012
February 02, 2012
Information about the 2012 Glory Day's Tournament.
PORTA High School’s
“Glory Days” Basketball Tournaments
No age restrictions in 16 team Open division and 35 and older in the8 team 35> division
There can be multiple entries from a school
Open to schools that were Class A under the old classification system or A and AA under the new system.
All team members must be alumni of the same school
First 16 teams to pay the entry fee get in ($200 for Open division and $150 for the 35>)
2 games minimum
Open division - 26 games 2/12 and 2/13 at two sites (PORTA Central and PORTA High School)
35> division - 11 games 2/12 and 2/13 at the two sites.
- Two 20 minute halves with continuous clock (clock will stop during the last two minutes of each half for fouls, violations, etc.)
- Offensive fouls result in change of possession
- Non-shooting defensive fouls results in the offense maintaining possession
- After six team fouls a non-shooting foul will award the offense 1 pt. and the offense maintains possession
- 2 point shooting foul results in 2 points awarded the offense unless the shot is made in which case the basket counts and the offense is awarded 1 point and the defensive gains possession
- 3 point shooting foul results in 3 points awarded the offense unless the shot is made in which case the basket counts and the offense is awarded 1 point and the defensive team gains possession
- One time out per half
- Five minute half time
- Five minute pre-game warm up
- Overtime will be a 3 minute timed period in which the clock will stop for fouls and violations and each team will get 1 additional timeout
- Personal fouls will be kept and 5 personal fouls will make the player ineligible
- Officials will call subs in from the scorers bench but the clock will not stop unless during the last two minutes or overtime
Admission for non-players – One day pass $5!