PORTA Game Hosting Guidelines
In accordance with IDPH, CDC, IHSA, IESA and PORTA Board of Education guidance, we have developed the following guidelines for all home games during the 2020-21 season.
- For high school games, each home player and coach will be allowed 2 related guests and each away player and coach will be allowed 1 related guest. For junior high games at PORTA Central, each home player and coach will be allowed 1 related guest and each away player and coach will be allowed 1 related guest (someone who resides in the same household is best practice).
- After each level contest we will empty the facility and allow the next contest spectators to enter. At the jr-sr high school, attendees should enter at the “Event Entrance” and exit through the west gym doors. Fans who are waiting to enter the gym may sit in the commons area. At PORTA Central, fans will enter at the main entrance and exit through the same doors. Fans who are waiting to enter may sit in the cafeteria.
- All players, coaches & workers will be expected to maintain social distancing, sit with their own group and stay at least 6 feet away from other groups/spectators. Masks are mandatory.
- We ask you only bring personnel and players that are essential to each team.
- There will be limited concessions at high school contests. There will be no concessions at junior high contests.
- Restrooms will be provided.
- Locker rooms will be available for high school contests on a limited basis. Jr. high teams, please come dressed and ready to play. Locker rooms will not be available.
- We will be charging admission. Your fans will be required to sign in under their athletes’ names.
- At the high school gym, we have the ability to stream games online via the NFHS network. To subscribe to the NFHS network, visit https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/subscribe/retail Annual and monthly memberships are available. For games played at the PORTA Central gym, coaches may choose to find ways to stream the games using different platforms. Any information pertaining to these broadcasts will be communicated to players and their parents by coaches.