May 13th, 2021
- Today’s Lunch: Mini corn dogs, baked beans, mixed fruit, milk
- Tomorrow’s Breakfast: Cereal bowl kit, milk
- Tomorrow’s Lunch: Bosco sticks with marinara cup, broccoli, peaches, milk
- Good Luck! -
- The JH wrestling team will travel to battle Beardstown tonight at 6:00pm!
- Homework Help and Detentions -
- Homework Help will be held in the library today with Mrs. Reichert until 4:15pm.
- Detentions will be held in Mrs Matheny’s room 304 until 4:00pm today.
- 7th Grade PE - The Track and Field Meet is underway! Here are the current standings after NINE events:
Team Captain Score
Today’s FINAL event will be the Tug of War. The points are doubled, so 1st place will earn 20 POINTS!
- Chromebook & Hot Spot Return - It’s hard to believe that we’ve made it through a whole YEAR of remote learning! We only have one more remote day left, so it’s time to start returning Chromebooks and Hot Spots for the year.
We will begin taking back Chromebooks and Hot Spots starting next Thursday, May 20th. Students can bring these items to school and return them to the office for check-in. We will continue the check-in process for students through Monday, May 24th. Parents may also return items until 4:00pm on Monday, May 24th after our 2pm dismissal.
**If you do not have a need for your Chromebook or Hot Spot for the last remote day, those items can also be returned early anytime starting today.**
- Lunch Accounts - The ending of the school year is just around the corner and all lunch account balances need to be looked over.
All breakfast and lunches are still free for any student 18 years and younger with the exception of milk break at the grade schools. Milk break is $0.40 and water bottles at the high school are $1.25.
You can look up your lunch account balance under your family Skyward account.
- Library Books - Students and teachers...it is time to start getting your library books back to the library. Some are very overdue. I would like them all returned by the end of this week. Thank you. Mrs. Bell
- 8th Grade Celebration of Excellence Speech - The 8th grade "Celebration of Excellence" is less than three weeks away! An exciting piece of this event is that we will have a farewell speech open to any 8th grader interested!
Check your email for details on how to submit a speech to be considered for this opportunity! Submissions are due by tomorrow at noon!
- Volleyball Camp - There will be a junior high volleyball camp at the end of May for 7th graders entering 8th grade. Packets are in the office. Please return them by tomorrow.
- FFA Meeting - 8th graders - there will be an FFA meeting on Monday, May 17th in the ag room during home room for current 8th graders interested in FFA next year. You can come down and hear how you can become part of the FFA and learn about all that we do. Snacks provided.
- High School Dancing Jays - Interested in taking your TikTok dances to the next level? The Dancing Jays are looking for athletes who are currently in 8th grade to join their team for the 2021-2022 football & basketball seasons. Please pick up a packet in the office and complete the required teacher reports before Wednesday, May 19th. See you at the Petersburg Elementary School gym on Sunday, May 16th!
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, May 16th 5:30-7:30
Monday, May 17th 3:45-5:45
Wednesday, May 19th 3:45-5:45
TRYOUTS: FRIDAY, MAY 21st STARTING @ 4:00
- Upcoming Schedule Highlights -
Please mark your calendars for the following dates pertaining to junior high:
Tomorrow, May 14th - 2pm dismissal
May 19th - Remote learning day
May 21st - Day 1 of semester exams
May 24th - Day 2 of semester exams, last day of school, 2pm dismissal
May 27th - 8th grade commencement
OUTSIDE of the auditorium, your day!